9 Secrets for Saving Thousands of $$
When Buying and Financing Your Next Home
1. Retain the service of a Qualified Realtor you can trust – save time and money with sound advice.
2. Ensure you get the best mortgage rates available by using a Mortgage Broker. (A 1½% rate advantage can save you over $12,000 on a 5-year- term $250,000 mortgage.)
3. Have your Lender agree to waive fees for mortgage application and appraisal (typically about $500) if possible.
4. Save thousands by choosing weekly mortgage payments instead of monthly.
5. Ask the Seller to provide a copy of the survey certificate if possible, and save about $375.
6. Ensure your mortgage has pre-payment and double-up privileges, allowing flexibility.
7. Arrange a home inspection by a qualified Home Inspector to ensure no costly surprises later, and based on the inspector’s report, renegotiate price with the Seller before reaching a final deal.
8. Ensure Closing and Possession dates are close together, so you are not paying for a home you can’t live in (and avoid hotel costs).